Ph.D. in Computer Science, Carleton University
[Jan 2021 - present]
- Research area: user privacy of popular web single sign-on (OAuth/OpenID Connect) systems
- Course Work:
- COMP5900E: Internet Measurements and Security [Fall 2021]
M.Sc. in Computer Science, Carleton University
[Sept 2019 - Dec 2020]
- Research Work: privacy in web apps implementing authentication and authorization using OAuth 2.0
- Course Work:
- COMP5117F: Mining Software Repositories [Fall 2020] (A+)
- COMP5900T: Operating Systems Security [Winter 2020] (A+)
- COMP3000B: Operating Systems [Winter 2020] (A+)
- COMP2402A: Abstract Data Types & Algorithms [Winter 2020] (A+)
- COMP5900H: Internet of Things Security [Fall 2019] (A)
- COMP5110F: Computer Security and Usability [Fall 2019] (A+)
- COMP4109A: Applied Cryptography [Fall 2019] (A+)
Honours B.Sc. in Physics and Astrophysics, University of Toronto at Scarborough
[Sept 2012 - June 2016]
- Graduated with High Distinction (CGPA: 3.60/4.0)
- Final year project supervied by Prof. Pawel Artymowicz, with a focus on application of GPU hardware to simulate astrophysical disks.
- S.G. Morkonda, P.C. van Oorschot, S. Chiasson. Exploring Privacy Implications in OAuth Deployments. Technical Report arXiv:2103.02579, March 2021.
- Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship in Science and Technology, Carleton University (2020-2022)
- Research Assistant Scholarship, Carleton University (2019-2020)
- Domestic Entrance Scholarship, Carleton University (2019-2020)
- 1st prize in Undergraduate Research Forum, University of Toronto Scarborough (2016)
- A campus-wide poster competition conducted by the university library and Office of the Vice Principal Research
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Centre for Planetary Sciences, University of Toronto (2014)
- Letter Award, University of Toronto Scarborough (2012-2016)
- In recognition of a graduating student for significant contributions to campus life, leadership outside the classroom and the lasting impact at the university
- Outstanding Contribution to Residence Life, University of Toronto Scarborough (2014-2015)
- In recognition of leadership contributions at Student Housing and Residence Life
Work & Teaching Experience
Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
- COMP 4108: Computer Systems Security [Fall 2021]
- COMP 3000: Operating Systems [Fall 2020, Winter 2021]
- COMP 3004: Object-Oriented Software Engineering [Winter 2020]
- COMP 4009: Parallel Programming for Clusters and Multi-Core Processors [Fall 2019]
University of Toronto, Scarborough, Ontario
- ASTA01H3: Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics I: The Sun and Planets [Fall 2014, Fall 2015]
Scientific Software Developer
ESG Solutions, Kingston, Ontario [June 2016 - Sept 2019]
- Full-stack lead for maintaining company's client-facing web portal.
- Introduced WebSockets and integrated it within existing authentication systems.
- Developed high-performance CUDA software in C/C++ to model seismic waves on a linux cluster with 28 GPUs.
- Designed a full-stack website (with authentication capabilities) containing data processing tools using REST services, Azure AD authentication and ExtJS UI components.
- Developed seismic software in Java within an Agile environment.
- Implemented Continuous Deployment of Maven projects with Jenkins CI.